We take the highest measures to ensure your data is protected.
Last Updated: August 22, 2019
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
- Account Information: To create an account with Castifi, you may be required to provide some information about yourself, including your email address, date of birth, name, gender, address, password, and other information. You may provide this information directly to us or through a third-party service, such Facebook or another social network.
- Profile Information: You may create a public profile on Castifi that includes your name and gender, a profile photo, biographic details, links to your accounts on other websites, details about Castifi events you have attended, information from other websites (such as friends, followers and likes), and other information that you choose to provide. Because Castifi profiles are public, any Profile Information you provide or authorize Castifi to access will be visible to Castifi, Castifi users and others.
- Contact Information: You may import or enter information about your friends and other contacts into Castifi. For example, you may import information from the address book on your computer or mobile device or your list of friends and other contacts from other sites and services. You may also manually enter email addresses or other contact information. This information may include names, email addresses, photographs, phone numbers, and other information you make available to Castifi.
- Other Information: You may provide other information directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, complete a survey or review, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. Providing this information is voluntary and not required to use the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, including access times, events or venues you attend, pages and profiles viewed, user interactions and other information about your interactions with us, the Services and other users.Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, which may include the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type and language, IP address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you attend an event or venue through Castifi, access or use one of our mobile applications, or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We collect this information in order to track your attendance at our partners’ events and venues. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Log Information: We collect information in our log files when you use the Services. This includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the URL you visited before navigating to our websites.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
As discussed above, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.We also combine information we collect from other users with information we have collected about you. For example, if another user imports his or her address book or contacts from another site or service, we may merge that information with information we have collected about you.Use of InformationWe may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to send you availability requests, track your attendance at events and venues, and pay you for your attendance at events and venues;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Castifi and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Information Is Processed
Castifi is based in the United States and U.S. law governs the information we collect. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, venues, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;With third parties such as venues and event planners that we partner with for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Castifi or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company between and among Castifi, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Castifi takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.Your ChoicesAccount InformationYou may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and accessing your member information page or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. You may stop our collection of location information by ceasing to use our Services and following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Castifi by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Castifi qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.